This recipe was handed down to me when I was 12 and it became my absolute numero uno to go with just about anything. No joke. I've had this [and loved it] with mashed potatoes, various forms of pasta, various forms of rice, pies, bbqs, stews, various types of bread, various types of Indian food (including roti), on it's own; I mean honestly, I can't think of anything it doesn't go with!
Of course, I made my changes and turned it into my own secret recipe. Until now. Share the magic with your friends and family. I dare you to try this with ANYTHING. That's right. ANYTHING. Until you come up with this something to prove me wrong, I'm guaranteeing this goes well with just about ANYTHING. Prepare yourself for the simplest magnificence you have ever seen!
HOW I MADE IT
INGREDIENTS
-2 tbsp oil
-1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
-1/2 medium to large onion, finely sliced
-1 can vegetarian baked beans in tomato sauce (or look for any baked beans in tomato sauce without animal extracts. The fewer and simpler the ingredients, the better.)
-3-4 medium tomatoes, diced
-! large clove of garlic, minced
-3 tbsp ground green seasoning & garlic
-salt & hot pepper or peppersauce to taste
-1 3/4 cups water
STEP BY STEP:
1. Heat oil in a deep saucepan and add onion. Sprinkle sugar and wait until sugar starts a golden brown froth and add garlic and tomatoes.
2. Stir and let simmer for 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce from the baked beans, season with salt and hot pepper or peppersauce, and cover on medium heat for 5 mins. Add green seasoning to beans and mix.
3. When the liquid thickens and begins sticking to the pot, make a well in the center of the pot and add the beans. Stir for two minutes and add water. Cover for 15-20 minutes and mash some of the beans against the side of the pot with the back of the spoon or cook until beans have achieved the thickness you prefer and serve.
Happy Eating!








No comments:
Post a Comment